Thursday, October 18, 2007

Movies, Books and Tv plus my lame day

So this is all new and hopefully it's something I will actually use compared to my myspace which I don't really update because I feel like people will judge me on what I actually write there. So today has been a pretty wasteful day. I have class from 11-1:45 and 3:30-4:45 then 7-9:45 on Thursdays but today my 3:30 to 4:45 class was cancelled. That means I have 5 hours down at Eastern to do nothing really besides getting dinner. I tried to get in touch with Maurice to maybe meet up and go but he's been super busy which I understand because I'm the same way lately. So this blog I think I'm going to use it to comment on the areas of pop culture that I enjoy which means Music, Movies, Books and TV. I enjoy all these things way more than a normal person should. Like the idea of spending my Saturday night sitting at home watching cheesy movies that I've rented sounds amazing even beyond amazing in some respects. I also am surprisingly enjoying writing recently and I'll probably post some of my stuff for script writing class up in here.


Books:
So the book I'm currently reading right now is called Alpha Dog and the dog in the book is exactly like the dog that I have at home. The story follows very imperfect Katie McAllister venturing out of the world of her over controlling mother and perfect father into her own condo. She gets this horribly behaved dog from the pound and she uses the transition of the dog to change herself. This is my second time reading this book and the dialogue is quick and the story moves very quickly. Although the character of Katie is very "normal" and "bland" all the characters around her are very colorful and distinct with their personalities. It's a very good and interesting book. 7 out 10 for ratings



Tv:
Wednesday Night TV : "Kid Nation", "Gossip Girl" and "The Real World"
Kid Nation:
I know there's like tons of controversy with this show but I think it's cute and I like the challenges . I loved that Taylor got kicked out of Town Council because she really doesn't do anything and she lets Zach lead normally anyway. Plus she gives off the act that she's spoiled. I was very surprised that the kids picked dental hygiene over meat but it is understandable because I would totally want a toothbrush after 10 days without never mind how long it's been for them.
Gossip Girl:
Probably my favorite new show of the year. It doesn't replace Gilmore Girls or Veronica Mars but it does have the love ability of those shows. I love Jenny Humprehy! Can she be my best friend? When she tells Blair that she's going to go home but she's keeping the jacket it's just priceless. it's really too perfect. and Dan and Serena finally get their kiss which is well worth the wait. Unfortunately I missed the middle of the show picking up my brother from his soccer game but I'll try and see if I can find it online somewhere.
The Real World:
I have to say I've seen EVERY season of the real world (Seattle and new Orleans being my favorites ) and this one is actually pretty good if you didn't have whiny girls running around trying to make everyone tell them how great they are. Hello Shavon you love a guy who has NO RESPECT for you. I was wondering how she could make the ignorant statement that girls need to be friends with each other first and that guys that are friends with girls are second tier to their girlfriends but now that I see how she lets men treat her in a 1950's backwards fashion I understand a little bit more that she's just really that dumb. And i would kill Trisha if I lived in a house with her. I used to dream about going on the Real World but if that's the intelligence level of people going on there I'm certain I would kill someone if I went on. We'll see what happens next week.

No comments: